Network Changes & Dragon's Prophet Closure / Re-Launch

Discussion in 'Trashcan' started by Seiichi, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seiichi

Seiichi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

For the majority of the month of December we have been out of contact with DarkBeard who was in charge of development of Dragon's Prophet and other games that we were planning on bringing to the network. Along with development of our own games we also had a standing contract with a Runes of Magic server for work that he did not complete. If we had to refund the Runes of Magic server, we would have been unable to pay the server rent for Dragon's Prophet, and then face chargebacks from players who were unhappy with such, all of which I would be liable for.

Because of the difficulty we had in reaching him, and his ignoring of phone calls, text messages and messages on various platforms we had to look into our options, and after a staff meeting it was unanimously decided that we would continue on without Domo and find a new developer to take over. Our new developer has as much experience running the same games as Domo, and has access to more games than Domo has, so it is a better choice in the long run. Due to dropping our ties with Domo however, we will have to drop the Dragon's Prophet he was developing to lessen any impact or retaliation.

Our current plans for the network are as follows:

January: Launch Dragon Nest
    February: Launch Swordsman Online (Postponed until Dragon's Prophet is up)
    February - March: Re-Launch Dragon's Prophet (Wiped)
    June-July: Launch RaiderZ

For the re-launch of Dragon's Prophet, we will be starting from scratch, but we will be setting it up that for the first month you will be rewarded every day until you receive the following:

Day 1 - Day 6: 99x Supreme XP Orbs which is enough to get you to level 108 and beyond
    Day 7 - Day 9: Components for making Thadrea (102 Orange Set)
    Day 10: 200,000 Gold Ticket
    Day 11: Ferocious Duality Egg
    Day 12: Skitter Egg
    Day 13: Jadeite Egg
    Day 14: 300x300 Land Warrant
    Day 15: Chaotic Terror Egg
    Day 16: 20x Academy Knowledge Enhancer
    Day 17: 20x Academy Dragon Soul Crystal
    Day 18: 20x Academy Skill Crystal
    Day 19: 5x 100 Laedis Academy Provisions
    Day 20: 50x 10,000 Dragon Provisions
    Day 21: 50x Morgath Invocation Orb IV
    Day 22: 5x Dragon Egg Restoration Liquid
    Day 23: 5x Bag Slot Unlock Card
    Day 24: 5x Bank Slot Unlock Card
    Day 25: 50x Advanced Repair Hammer
    Day 26: 25x Attribute Transfer Demon Crystal
    Day 27: Darksteel Armor Set
    Day 28: 20x Academy Training Whip
    Day 29: 10x Miraculous Costume Transformation Elixir

If you login everyday you will end up being level 108 (Or higher as we will be increasing the level cap still), have Thadrea set, 4 market place dragons (one of which can be leveled to ~100), a free land warrant, 5 bag and bank unlocks, and additional items to help people start out. This will be available for new and old players alike, so it will be the best time to start.

As far as donations go, if you choose not to have the money refunded we will be giving you 125% of the platinum you purchased to use towards the Dragon's Prophet re-launch, or for use on our other games. If you do wish to have a refund, message me either on Discord or on the Forum with your username and I will do so.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we were left with every little in the way of options, and this was the best way to secure the time and effort the staff has put into things. As always, if anyone has any questions the can reach me here or on Discord, and I will respond as quickly as I can.

tl;dr

Dev has basically abandoned us, had to shut down the server he developed, and will be working towards re-launching early 2017.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. Loading...